GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 now on sale!

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 now on sale!

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Sep 18, 2013 12:39 pm
We are excited to have launched GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1: https://ow.ly/oZMEN

The software application contains two new full-length computer adaptive practice tests with real questions from retired exams. Take your GMAT with confidence!

Also available is the GMATPrep® Software suite, a comprehensive set of three products containing 494 practice questions and four practice exams to study with exclusively from GMAC: https://ow.ly/oZS0q

We wish you all the best with your GMAT exam!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by mevicks » Thu Sep 19, 2013 12:58 am
Its a great sigh of relief for all the future test takers like me :)
Thanks GMAC.

However I have a few doubts regarding this pack :

1. Is is compatible with older gmat prep versions (versions older than 2.2.315)?
2. The level of overlap between Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1.
3. Which is preferable, the exam pack or question pack?

P.S. : On a side note I think the GMAC needs to update the technical requirements page of "GMATPrep® Exam Pack 1" as it states the requirements of question pack instead of the new exam pack. :roll:

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Sep 19, 2013 10:59 am
Hi Mevicks. Thanks for your questions. Please see answers to each here:

1) The Exam Pack is compatible with previous 2.2 versions of the free software, however, I encourage you to update your software to 2.2.315. To download the most recent version of the free GMATPrep Software, click here www.mba.com/gmatprep.

2) There is no overlap between Exam Pack 1 and Question Pack 1 or the free Software.

3) I recommend both but it depends on what you are looking for. The Exam Pack offers a preview to what the real exam environment is like. The screens, timer, question prompts and scoring features are similar to what you will experience when you sit for the exam. The two full-length practice exams contain questions never before seen in other GMAC products. In addition to 404 practice questions, the Question Pack offers customizable practice sessions and reporting to help you identify the areas you need to focus on. There are no exams in the Question Pack and no practice question sessions in the Exam Pack.

4) This is not a mistake. The Technical Requirements for the Exam Pack and the Question Pack are exactly the same. Both products integrate with the free software, which is why we recommend that you first download the free software in order to activate your Exam Pack or Question Pack.

I hope the above was useful!

All the best!
Leah

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:7 members

by mevicks » Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:57 pm
Thank you for your clear and helpful explanation!

Regards,
- Vivek

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by fourteenstix » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:28 am
There's a glitch with this new Exam Pack. I took Exam 3 a few days ago, and a few days later, it no longer said I had. I then took Exam 4 today, and saw a lot of the same questions. Now just a few hours later, it says that I didn't take Exam 4.

After the first Exam, you're not going to get all new questions, and thus, you won't get an accurate reading of your score.

I want my money back.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:3 members

by fourteenstix » Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:44 am
Oh, and I lost all of my Question Pack 1 questions/history also. I've redownloaded both, and the activation codes don't work. My test is Tuesday.

Not. Cool.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Sep 26, 2013 12:04 pm
I am really sorry to hear that you are having technical issues. Contact [email protected] and let them know your specific issues, and they can investigate further.
Leah

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by ayousefi » Tue Dec 10, 2013 1:38 pm
I downloaded the Exam Pack 1 on my mac and I cannot open the file on my Mac. anyone knows whats going wrong. I could not find any special instructions except the one that says I should close the software and click on the downloaded file

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Dec 10, 2013 6:41 pm
Hi ayousefi,

I responded to your message on the other forum you posted it on:

The GMATPrep software is compatible with operating system Mac OS X v10.6; v10.7; v10.8; or v10.9

Please also ensure you have downloaded the latest version of the free software: https://www.mba.com/us/store/download-fr ... p-software

If you're still having problems accessing the software, please email [email protected]

Many thanks,
Tina
Leah

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by shounakjoshi » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:22 am
Hi Jeremy,

The detailed description tab for exam pack mentions :

*Note: With Exam Pack 1, you receive 2 full-length exams, on your 3rd attempt on either exam, you will see repeated questions.

(https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx )

Can you please clarify, how the third attempt is defined here?

If I take TEST1_1, TEST2_1, TEST1_2, TEST1_3 in that order, Will my TEST1_2 be treated as my 3rd attempt or TEST1_3 would be my third attempt on TEST1 and I would have 2 separate attempts on test 2 before i hit repeat question on test 2.

I would like to know if these 2 tests are on separate set of questions or both of them are based on same set.

As i need to keep my test 2 for the day just before my exam day, I would like to know if i can give one more attempt on test 1 without affecting my test 2. The sanctity of test 2 is very important to me. Please suggest.

Thanks.

Official Company Rep

by OfficialGMAT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 10:57 am
shounakjoshi wrote:Hi Jeremy,

The detailed description tab for exam pack mentions :

*Note: With Exam Pack 1, you receive 2 full-length exams, on your 3rd attempt on either exam, you will see repeated questions.

(https://www.mba.com/india/store/store-ca ... ack-1.aspx )

Can you please clarify, how the third attempt is defined here?

If I take TEST1_1, TEST2_1, TEST1_2, TEST1_3 in that order, Will my TEST1_2 be treated as my 3rd attempt or TEST1_3 would be my third attempt on TEST1 and I would have 2 separate attempts on test 2 before i hit repeat question on test 2.

I would like to know if these 2 tests are on separate set of questions or both of them are based on same set.

As i need to keep my test 2 for the day just before my exam day, I would like to know if i can give one more attempt on test 1 without affecting my test 2. The sanctity of test 2 is very important to me. Please suggest.

Thanks.
Hello,

The question bank for the GMATPrep Exam Pack 1 only has enough questions to complete Exam 3 and Exam 4. If you take either exam more than once, you will begin to receive repeated questions. I hope that makes sense and helps with your study strategy.

Thanks,
Jeremy
Leah