Ask an MBA grad-turned startup-entrepreneur any question

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hey everyone,

I'm an Ivey MBA 2013 grad and have started and started my first venture ever immediately after graduating (in fact, I had really started in the last few months of the MBA program).

Entrepreneurs don't get much attention, I feel, in traditional MBA settings for a number of reasons I can think of. There is even a common belief among entrepreneurs that MBA programs are a waste of time and money, and equivalently, that MBAs are not relevant for entrepreneurship.

I will give you my straight up answers to any questions or concerns you have regarding the above. Ask away!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by johnperregaux » Wed Sep 04, 2013 6:31 am
Hey, thanks for offering. I myself am an entrepreneur. Have a few b ventures, none of which have been super successful, but successful somewhat. Lets just say I'm not eating ramen. ha ha.

Wondering, which Ivey accepted you into b school? Some of the schools Id like to attend (HBS, Cornell, etc..) all seem to have decent entrepreneur studies, but not centered around it. Only one, Babson, but not really a "good" school by typical standards.

Mind if I ask what you were doing before b school?

Thanks!!

-J

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by kakh5591 » Fri Oct 18, 2013 1:20 pm
My 2 cents- Babson does a great job on this front, but there are critical aspects that you would need to consider while picking a school in this space. Can find more here- https://mbace.weebly.com/1/post/2013/10/ ... e-mba.html