The plan was 660...

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

The plan was 660...

by matignon » Tue May 14, 2013 9:34 am
Good evening everyone,

My story might sounds like many other stories. I have read many of them. I just want to share what's happening.

I started to study in september. French. Lived and worked few months in new york few years ago. Didn't practice math for long. Wasn't easy to get back to it. Started around 550. I worked for two months and took THE test. A poor 540 was on my sheet of paper after four hours of stupid mistakes. (30% in math).
I decided to take classes with a personal teacher. After three months 610 on the official test ( 55% math, 70% verbal)...A huge deception.
I was scoring from 630 to 660 on Manhattan Gmat and did a 640 on gmat prep few days before the test. (pretty balanced 65%/70% on quant and verbal)
To be honest, I don't know what to do. I now have exactly one month until my last shoot. I need a 650/660.

If anyone can help me, I would really appreciate it.

All the very best to all of you (if anyone have any question on the materials, I may can help ;) )
And good luck to the new gmat students

Paul

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Tue May 14, 2013 9:43 am
One thing I have to ask is why are you sticking to a 1 month time frame? It seems like you have rushed your prep in the past and this has cost you on test day...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Tue May 14, 2013 9:53 am
Hello, Paul. Sorry to hear you are not getting the GMAT score you are aiming for. You may want to re-post your story to the main GMAT strategy board. This board is to ask questions to GMAC, the creators of the GMAT exam, and unfortunately, I cannot help you with specific study strategies. You may have better luck posting this to the main forum where other students and test prep coaches will be able to help you with ideas and tips that work for them.

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

by matignon » Tue May 14, 2013 12:29 pm
Thanks Rebecca, I will do that now !

OfficialGMAT wrote:Hello, Paul. Sorry to hear you are not getting the GMAT score you are aiming for. You may want to re-post your story to the main GMAT strategy board. This board is to ask questions to GMAC, the creators of the GMAT exam, and unfortunately, I cannot help you with specific study strategies. You may have better luck posting this to the main forum where other students and test prep coaches will be able to help you with ideas and tips that work for them.

Good luck!

by matignon » Tue May 14, 2013 12:32 pm
Thanks to respond so quickly. I have one month because of my dead line applications...
Jim@StratusPrep wrote:One thing I have to ask is why are you sticking to a 1 month time frame? It seems like you have rushed your prep in the past and this has cost you on test day...

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Wed May 15, 2013 8:04 am
Realistically, it sounds like you have some fundamental gaps in the quant. You should really spend a lot of time reviewing these. Without talking to you it is hard to pinpoint exactly what t work on, but probably almost all of the material if you want to be around the 75th percentile and you are now at the 30th...
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed May 15, 2013 10:46 am
Hi, Jim. I think the OP has moved this conversation to a different thread. Thanks!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!