Work experience

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Work experience

by engineer_z » Mon Jul 07, 2008 2:39 pm
I just looked into the application deadlines for HBS and for fall 2009 matriculation the deadline for round 1 is Oct. 15, 2008.

If this were a trend than the MBA class entering in the fall of 2010 would be facing a round 1 deadline of Oct. 15, 2009. I have decided to work for 2 years overseas before applying for entrance in the fall of 2010. This scenario would, however, give me 14 months of work exp. at the time my application is due, and 24 months at matriculation.

How do MBA programs weigh this?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Tue Jul 22, 2008 5:05 pm
MBA programs typically use work experience to determine how you perform in a professional setting, how you work with teams, how you demonstrate leaderships skills, and how you solve problems. Therefore, your work experience needs to be long enough to show that you have performed in a variety of work scenarios. Fourteen - twenty-four months is definitely on the low end of work experience for most applicants so you will need to clearly demonstrate that you have grown and matured professionally during that short amount of time.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options