Different MBA programs

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

Different MBA programs

by asamanta » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:35 pm
Hi Nikhil,

I have been looking through a lot of the Business Schools Webpages but I have not yet been able to understand the difference between the different MBA programs offered.

Could you guide me as to which of the following would be most useful to me (I am 24 and plan to start my MBA at the age of 25) and why:

1) 2 year Full-Time MBA
2) Part-Time MBA
3) 1 year accelerated MBA
4) Executive MBA

I always thought a full time MBA was better than a part time one ? Is this true ?
Secondly, What is the difference between the accelerated MBA and the regular MBA in terms of job perspectives after MBA.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:58 pm
hello asa,

There are no significant difference between a PT and FT program, other than students in PT work full-time and are often required to be employed in a career-enhancing position during their enrollment in the program. Both programs share the same classes, clubs and resources.

Regards,

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by asamanta » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:08 am
And what is the difference between the

1) 2 year Full-Time MBA
2) 1 year accelerated MBA
3) Executive MBA

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Fri Jul 18, 2008 10:41 am
Accelerated programs are basically FT programs designed for students who already have a business background, returning to the same line of work and do not want or need an internship to help them switch careers or fields.
CBS/Cornell/Kellogg have these programs.

EMBA programs are designed for students with more business experience than traditional FT, PT students. The classes are often scheduled on weekends or other days that do not interfere with the student's work/personal life.
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep