suggest me some school

Free advice from the world's top MBA consultants
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

suggest me some school

by sravanreddy » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:04 am
HI
i am currently a final year engineering student in Hyderabad India from a very reputed engineering college.
i want to pusue my mba directly after my college.
My profile
GMAT (690 Q48,V35)AWA 5.0
GRE (1430 Q800 V630)
B.Tech 62%
10+2 91.4%
10 83%

i have done a bit of serach and on most of the websites of b schools state that they accept college freshers with good academic background and extracurricular activities
My academics are reasnobly strong a 62% in Electrical engineering is a First Division Score
i have done the following activities
Topped the UN information Test Conducted by United Schools Of India.
Prepared and Presented Two Business Plans.
taken a course in Vedic Mathematics And Yoga.
Enrolled into the National Stock Exchange program for financial market certification.
part time employment for three years with a local tutorial.

Please Evaluate my profile and suggest me some good b-schools to which i can apply and realistically hope to get in.

i performed below my expectations in the first attempt and believe i can improve my score by another 50 points if needed.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:3 members
GMAT Score:750+

by VP_MBA_Guru » Sat Jul 05, 2008 2:03 pm
Hello S -

Thanks for your post.

As you know, its is hard to gauge your candidacy based on profile/stats, as much of the decision is based on your essays, LORs, interview.

One thing to consider, you are (unfortunately) in one of the most competitive applicant pool - Indians with IT background. Therefore your biggest challenge is how to best differentiate yourself. What makes you different from the thousands of Indian IT applicants that will apply to the same schools with similar backgrounds.

You should also check out Veritas Prep's School Selector tool. This is a great way to get a sense of what schools you might be competitive in. Here is the link www.veritasprep.com/selector

Good luck!

NP
Nikhil P. | Admissions Consultant | Veritas Prep