Msc Management and Strategy (LSE) | Low GMAT

Figure out where you wish to apply
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:4 members
Hi Experts,

I'm going to apply to LSE for it's Msc in Management and Strategy Course.
Since, its a very competitive course and given to its very small class size I am sure it's going to be really difficult to get in .

The other courses that I intend to apply are :

1)Msc Management ( 2 years)
2)Msc Management and Human Resources ( 1 year)
3)Msc Management Information Systems and Innovation ( 1 year)

A little about my self :

Indian/IT/Male 24 years :

Class 10th : 91.2%
Class 12th : 88.5%

I have a major in Electronics and Communication from a Tier 2 University with a GPA of 6.6/10. I think this is above the 2:1 GPA what the course requires so I should not worry too much about it.

My work ex is 2.5 years till date with a top IT MNC, and its been pretty good with a steady rise in my career. I've worked with clients in the UK ranging across Tourism and Retail industries. My roles have included from being an application developer to a Technical solution architect to a BA/functional consultant. My primary work domain is the E-Commerce industry, and apart from my work I've done a lot of CSR work,taken a lot of initiatives in ECA at work place.

I have a very low GMAT score of 570 ( 45 Q and 25 V), and it is with this score that I am going to apply. This is the only thing that I am worried about. I have not taken the GRE examination as I'm already pretty tired of a bad GMAT score.

The only strong point that I can portray in my SOP will be my undergrad acads, lots of ECA,work experience and the reason to pursue this masters course.

I am only worried that will my GMAT be a major concern ? I don't want to be out rightly rejected just by having a low gmat score.

Any thoughts on this ?

Experts please advice.

Help is appreciated.
Don't predict future , create it !

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by samreen.gopal » Thu Dec 20, 2012 4:57 am
Hi,
I've heard that there min gmat req is 600. Are you sure you are eligible for the programme?

by ankit0411 » Thu Dec 20, 2012 11:26 pm
samreen.gopal wrote:Hi,
I've heard that there min gmat req is 600. Are you sure you are eligible for the programme?
I don't see it anywhere written in the prospectus or on the site ?

It only asks to submit a GRE/GMAT score.

Can you please post a reference for this ?

Thanks,
Ankit

Followed by:2 members

by AbhiJ » Fri Dec 21, 2012 12:49 am
I would suggest you to look at the average GMAT score of LSE graduates. With a 6.6/570 LSE would be tough, still there is no harm in applying.

by ankit0411 » Fri Dec 21, 2012 3:26 am
AbhiJ wrote:I would suggest you to look at the average GMAT score of LSE graduates. With a 6.6/570 LSE would be tough, still there is no harm in applying.
I have gone through the prospectus and the site, and with a bit of research I cannot find a class profile with GMAT scores given.

I've asked them this query though.

I'm going going to put in my app by new year beginning.

Lets Hope for the best !