scratch pad

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

scratch pad

by the nona » Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:58 pm
1.How to simulate the test scratch pad at home during practice ?? I thought of using projector's transparent sheets , or graph paper but since I have never seen the factual test scratch pad since this is my first time to take the gmat and it would take me much time to await a bought one from the internet to be shipped , so I need your valued advice about the best home - made scratch pad ???

2.What are your tips for the best use of the pad during the test ?? dividing it into quadrants , writing the numbers of all questions on it , .....etc .

Thank you in advance.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Dec 14, 2012 6:06 am
There are a couple of companies that sell them. M GMAT is one.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Dec 14, 2012 1:34 pm
Hello, the nona! The scratch pads are Legal size, which is 8.5' x 14' You will be given an erasable marker as well. You could simulate at home using legal size paper.

As for use of the pad, you will need to experiment to see what works best for you, although it looks like Jim has some advice based on his expertise! Remember, you can always request more scratch pads during the exam by raising your hand.

Good luck!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:2 members

by the nona » Fri Dec 14, 2012 3:34 pm
OfficialGMAT wrote:Hello, the nona! The scratch pads are Legal size, which is 8.5' x 14' You will be given an erasable marker as well. You could simulate at home using legal size paper.

As for use of the pad, you will need to experiment to see what works best for you, although it looks like Jim has some advice based on his expertise! Remember, you can always request more scratch pads during the exam by raising your hand.

Good luck!
thanks Rebecca .but legal sized (8.5 x 14 inches) laminated or plain ??? (forgive me I live outside the US)

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Mon Dec 17, 2012 2:29 pm
The boards you will have on test day are erasable, so if you wanted to simulate an erasable board, you could laminate the paper.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!