question difficulty.

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

question difficulty.

by galaxis09 » Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:38 pm
What is the numberical range that corresponds to the "easy" "medium" and "hard" questions in the Gmat prep and gmat prep powerpack? Thank you.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Nov 09, 2012 8:52 am
Just break the questions into thirds for a rough idea.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Nov 09, 2012 1:27 pm
You can select using GMATPrep questions that are "easy" "medium" or "hard" but there is no correlation between item number and difficulty level. I hope that helps.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by yourshail123 » Tue Nov 13, 2012 8:44 am
Rebecca,
Let me restate this question, would you be able to tell the range for these level (as in OG and GMAT Prep Ques Bank) -
Hard: Range 700-800, Medium: Range 600-700, Easy: Range 500-600.

Thanks!!

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 pm
Hello, Yourshail123. I thought I replied to this already, but I don't see my answer, so I will answer you again:

The difficulty level of a single question in GMATPrep® is derived from item statistics which are collected when the question was tested. We use these statistics to determine whether a question is easy, medium or hard. Your GMAT® exam score, however, is derived from your performance on all the questions in the GMAT® exam. As a single question won't directly correlate to a final score, we use the easy, medium, and hard categorisations so that you have an idea of your general performance. So, I cannot provide the exact answer you are looking for-a definitive correlation-but I hope this helps to answer your question. Thank you for asking!

I hope this helps,
Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!