OG 13 questions

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

OG 13 questions

by shreerajp99 » Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:33 am
Hi Rebecca,
I saw some of the newly added questions in OG13(Quant) and found them relaively tougher to earlier editions' questions.
Are these newly added questions from recently held gmat exams or are they from a random pool?
Also,i would like to know that since all official guides have retired gmat exam questions,do official guides also have questions which were asked as experimental questions?
Its ok if u can't answer these questions since even i think i am asking too much :-)

Thanks,
Shreeraj

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:266 members
GMAT Score:770

by Jim@StratusPrep » Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:13 am
While I don't know the particular answers to you questions, I will say that I agree that these are tougher questions. Personally, I think it is a representation of how the exam is evolving.
GMAT Answers provides a world class adaptive learning platform.
-- Push button course navigation to simplify planning
-- Daily assignments to fit your exam timeline
-- Organized review that is tailored based on your abiility
-- 1,000s of unique GMAT questions
-- 100s of handwritten 'digital flip books' for OG questions
-- 100% Free Trial and less than $20 per month after.
-- Free GMAT Quantitative Review

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:48 am
Hello, Sherraj. The OG 13 guide was not designed to have questions that are more or less difficult than previous editions. We try to include an even mix of questions from all difficulty levels. As for your second question, experimental questions would either be approved for use in the exam, or discarded. All questions in the OG books were previously used in the GMAT exam as exam questions, with the exception of Integrated Reasoning. (Because there are no "retired" IR questions at this time.)
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!