Assessing the Question Level for RC passage

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hello there,

Could anyone guide me the way how to gauge the question level of the RC passage (i.e 600 level or 700 level). Some folks have been saying that it depends on the number of questions in the passage. If they are less than 4, the passage/questions is of 600 level and vice versa. Any comments, please ?
Cheers,
-----------------
Amjadshanu

Fatah GMAT
You got to win !

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:01 am
Hello, amjadshanu. I'm happy to help you with your question. There is no correlation between the number of questions associated with an RC passage and the difficulty level of the question.

Thanks for asking!
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by amjadshanu » Wed Oct 03, 2012 11:21 pm
Hey Rebecca,

Thanks for the reply :)

Rebecca, is it true that OGs (particularly 12 or 10) usually have less number of difficult questions (700 level) and have more of 600 level ?
Cheers,
-----------------
Amjadshanu

Fatah GMAT
You got to win !

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Thu Oct 04, 2012 11:10 am
All of our OG's will have a similar level of questions for each difficulty level from edition to edition, so there would be no difference in the number of difficulty questions.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!