Sending Scores to Schools

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Sending Scores to Schools

by npc811 » Wed Sep 05, 2012 3:03 pm
Hello,

It is my understanding that at the beginning of the test I have the option to select up to 5 schools to send my test score which is included in the test cost.

The question I have is if I opted out of choosing schools to send my score to, because I am unsure how I will do on my first attempt taking the test, can I send the scores after I see my results? If so, would that be included in the original test fee?

Thanks,

Nick

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:52 pm
Hi, Nick! Your Official Score Report will include all of your scores from the previous five years, so if plan to apply to a particular school, they will see all of your GMAT scores, even if you retake. If you choose to cancel your score after you take the exam, your score will not be sent to the school, nor will you see it.

If you choose not to select your five schools at the time of the exam, and then want to send a report later, you will need to pay the additional score report fee.

I hope that answers your question.
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!