360 to 750?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

360 to 750?

by turtle » Tue Jan 30, 2007 12:17 am
Hi,
this is chaitanya,my gmat score is 360 very disappointing score,i want to give the nxt attempt, this time iam aspiring for 750 plus nothing more nothing less ,i feel the task is not impossible ,
by the way areas where i lack is maths ,basically iam a non maths student and also a student who never paid any intrest towards the subject ,now i realise my mistake dont want to repeat it , i want to know how many days it takes a student like me to prepare and wat kind of strategy i need to apply .
if any one couls help me on this that would be great ,verbal part iam only good at critical reasoning compared to reading comprehension and sentence correction . i know my weakness and i want to improve on that.

regards ,

chaitanya.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:4 members

by limits660 » Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:32 am
:shock:
-
Jeff Sacco
www.jeffsacco.ca

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Wed Jan 31, 2007 11:44 am
Studying is generally a months-long process, though the timeframe can change depending upon how much you want to improve.

If you are currently in the 300s and want to get to the 700s, you will likely have to study in an active format (meaning a class or private tutoring). It is really difficult to improve that much even with a class or private tutoring; it is next to impossible to do it on your own. Ask people on the site what programs they have liked, then call those companies or attend a free info session (all of the companies offer them) to find out more.

Good luck!
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by wunderkind » Wed Jan 31, 2007 5:52 pm
Um, 750 is an extremely high score that VERY few people get. I am quite certain that virtually none of them started with a 360.

By all means, aim high, but be realistic. A 750 is hard to get for people starting in the 600s.