Integrated Reasoning questions

Post your questions about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, and GMAT exam structure. Get an official answer from GMAC, the organization behind the GMAT test!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Integrated Reasoning questions

by gpassi » Thu Jun 21, 2012 12:29 pm
Hi GMAC,

There is some confusion in my understanding of IR questions. The 50 questions given with OG13 seem to be in blocks of 3 or more i.e. there is a scenario and multiple questions belong to that scenario. But it was quite a different experience yesterday when I wrote the first practice exam on GMATPrep - most of the questions were individual questions, which demand much more time and calls for a different time management approach. What is the official position on this - are we going to see a mix of both?

Also, will it not be fair to indicate a question number for all grouped questions and this includes RC as well. e.g. If there are 3 questions grouped together in a RC, then the first question shall state Q1 of 3, the next Q2 of 3 and so forth. It gives the test taker some flexibility on how much time she shall invest on a particular group of questions.

Thanks
Gaurav

Official Company Rep
Followed by:270 members
GMAT Score:800

by OfficialGMAT » Fri Jun 22, 2012 9:11 am
gpassi wrote:Hi GMAC,

There is some confusion in my understanding of IR questions. The 50 questions given with OG13 seem to be in blocks of 3 or more i.e. there is a scenario and multiple questions belong to that scenario. But it was quite a different experience yesterday when I wrote the first practice exam on GMATPrep - most of the questions were individual questions, which demand much more time and calls for a different time management approach. What is the official position on this - are we going to see a mix of both?

Also, will it not be fair to indicate a question number for all grouped questions and this includes RC as well. e.g. If there are 3 questions grouped together in a RC, then the first question shall state Q1 of 3, the next Q2 of 3 and so forth. It gives the test taker some flexibility on how much time she shall invest on a particular group of questions.

Thanks
Gaurav
Hi Guarav,

You will see all four Integrated Reasoning question types on your exam. Please follow this link for more information about the IR questions types: https://www.mba.com/the-gmat/nex-gen/int ... rmats.aspx. Most of the question formats require multiple responses, however they are still part of the same question. There is no partial credit given for the IR questions, so all responses must be correct for the question to be correct. In the RC section, this is not the case.

Good luck in your studies!

Rebecca
Leah
Official GMAC Representative

Have a question about customer service issues, GMAT exam policies, or GMAT exam structure? Post your question in our Ask the Test Maker forum!