IELTS Preparation

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

IELTS Preparation

by nikit » Tue Oct 18, 2011 8:03 am
Hello-

I am an MBA aspirant, aiming to crack my way into some Ivy League University- in the US, Fall 2012.

Prior to submitting my applications at the B-schools (for the second round), which starts in December first week, I intend to take the IELTS Examination, ASAP.

To my agony, I am neither aware of the examination pattern nor am I aware of any preparatory material or strategy that I can utilize to crack the exam as such.

Kindly guide me out of the situation.

Thanks in Advance!!

Nikit

Legendary Member
Followed by:22 members

by throughmba » Wed Oct 19, 2011 3:59 am
Dont go for online material straight away. Buy any book from the following and you will feel at home

Cambridge IELTS 4 provides students with an excellent opportunity to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic test material from Cambridge ESOL.

Published by The British Council.

Check Your Vocabulary for English for the IELTS Exam
Published by Oxford University Press
Nonnative speakers of English will find this instructional workbook a helpful source for improving and expanding their English language vocabulary in preparation for the IELTS examination (International English Language Test for Students).
Helpful hints for IELTS Preparation.
Guaranteed to raise IELTS test scores
This photocopiable resource is packed with a range of ready-to-use IELTS exam practice activities. The lively discussions and role plays that accompany them turn each IELTS task-type into a stimulating lesson.

Cambridge Practice Tests for IELTS I contains four complete practice tests for the Academic module of the International English Language Testing System examination, plus extra Reading and Writing papers for the General Training module.

Cambridge IELTS 4 provides students with an excellent opportunity to familiarise themselves with IELTS and to practise examination techniques using authentic test material from Cambridge ESOL.
ThroughMBA Consulting
The No. 1 B-School Admission Consulting of U.K. is now the most Affordable.

https://throughmba.com
email : [email protected]

Alex Wilkins
Senior Admission Consultant, ThroughMBA.com
Panelist | MBA Admissions Achievers Meet
Interviewer | MIT Sloan | Former
Management Consultant | McKinsey & Company | Former

"Regardless of who you are or what you have been, You can make what you want to be."

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by heenakapoor » Fri Mar 02, 2012 1:34 am
Score Well in the IELTS test:

* Read instructions carefully, don't just glance at them.
* Try and anticipate what the speaker will say.
* Read, write and listen at the same time. Tricky, but practice well.
* Don't panic if you think the topic is too difficult or the speaker is too fast.
* Look at the ways paragraphs are organised.
* Be careful with singular/plural.
* Don't repeat ideas in a different way.
* Speak more than the examiner.
* Ask for clarification if necessary.

Asta Achiever, a prominent institution in Gurgaon, strives to provide exceptional IELTS Coaching in Gurgaon that helps individuals attain their desired scores with distinction. Our devoted trainers are committed to delivering top-quality guidance and support, tailoring their approach to meet the unique needs of each student. With a focus on personalized attention, we ensure that every student receives targeted skills training and effective exam strategies. Our proven track record speaks for itself, as we have successfully guided numerous students to achieve remarkable results in their IELTS tests. By choosing Asta Achiever, you are investing in a reliable and professional institution that is dedicated to helping you succeed.

Re: IELTS Preparation

by cpsglobal » Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:12 pm
When preparing for the TOEFL exams, it's important to use a variety of resources to enhance your skills in all areas of language proficiency. Here are some of the best resources to consider:

Official TOEFL Preparation Materials:

ETS, the organization that administers the TOEFL exam, provides official preparation materials, including practice tests, sample questions, and study guides. These materials closely align with the format and content of the actual exam.

TOEFL Preparation Books:

There are several reputable books specifically designed to help individuals prepare for the TOEFL exam. Look for books that offer comprehensive coverage of the test content, practice exercises, and strategies for each section of the exam.

Online Practice Tests:

Access online platforms that offer TOEFL practice tests. These tests can help you familiarize yourself with the exam format, timing, and question types. Look for platforms that offer scoring and feedback to help you track your progress.

Language Learning Apps:

Utilize language learning apps that offer TOEFL-specific preparation content. Many apps provide exercises for vocabulary building, grammar practice, listening comprehension, and speaking skills, all of which are essential for the TOEFL exam.
TOEFL Preparation Courses:

Consider enrolling in a TOEFL preparation course, either in-person or online. Some courses are specifically tailored to the TOEFL exam and offer comprehensive instruction, practice activities, and expert guidance.

English Language Podcasts:

Listen to English language podcasts covering a variety of topics. This can help improve your listening skills, vocabulary, and understanding of natural spoken English, which are essential for the TOEFL listening section.

Grammar and Vocabulary Resources:

Use grammar and vocabulary resources, such as English language workbooks, interactive websites, and flashcard apps, to strengthen your knowledge of English grammar rules and expand your vocabulary.
Writing Practice Guides:

Look for writing practice guides that offer strategies for organizing essays, developing arguments, and improving overall writing proficiency. These resources can be invaluable for the TOEFL writing section.

Speaking Practice Materials:

Seek out materials that focus on speaking practice, including pronunciation drills, conversation exercises, and simulated speaking tasks. This will help you build fluency and confidence in spoken English.

Reading Comprehension Exercises:

Access a wide range of reading materials, including articles, essays, and academic texts. Practice summarizing, identifying main ideas, and understanding implied information to improve your reading comprehension skills.

By utilizing a combination of these resources, you can create a well-rounded and effective TOEFL preparation plan that addresses all aspects of the exam. Remember to consistently practice, track your progress, and seek feedback to ensure continuous improvement.