What would you do.....

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

What would you do.....

by GMAT? » Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:51 am
Hi all,

I would be very grateful for your help.

I took that GMAT a few days ago and scored 620 on it. I wanted to meet the London Business School deadline on Feb 23rd (3rd round). I now have 2 choices:

1. Prepare for the resit exam, do my essays and get my recommendations all sorted in the next 4 weeks and then sit the GMAT 2-3 days before the Feb 23rd deadline and apply if I get a good enough GMAT score. This way I can meet the Feb 23rd deadine, but I worry that my preparation for each component may not be my best.

2. Concentrate on GMAT for the next 2 months and sit the exam in March and then apply for the 4th round deadline on April 27th. My worry is that LBS will only have a very limited number of place left in the 4th round.

What would you advise please. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

By the way, how many times can a person take the GMAT before it starts looking bad?

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

Re: What would you do.....

by beatthegmat » Sun Jan 21, 2007 5:36 pm
GMAT? wrote:Hi all,

I would be very grateful for your help.

I took that GMAT a few days ago and scored 620 on it. I wanted to meet the London Business School deadline on Feb 23rd (3rd round). I now have 2 choices:

1. Prepare for the resit exam, do my essays and get my recommendations all sorted in the next 4 weeks and then sit the GMAT 2-3 days before the Feb 23rd deadline and apply if I get a good enough GMAT score. This way I can meet the Feb 23rd deadine, but I worry that my preparation for each component may not be my best.

2. Concentrate on GMAT for the next 2 months and sit the exam in March and then apply for the 4th round deadline on April 27th. My worry is that LBS will only have a very limited number of place left in the 4th round.

What would you advise please. Thanks for your help, it is very much appreciated.

By the way, how many times can a person take the GMAT before it starts looking bad?
Have you asked Stacy Blackman for her opinion? This seems like a good question for her.

I've heard that applying in the 3rd or 4th round is very difficult.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school