Please help -- Kaplan CD giving error as MCI driver not foun

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Hi all ,

I am in day 44 and tried to give CAT1 test from KAPLAN CD ROM which i got along with the KAPLAN premier book.. I am getting error message as MCI driver not found..
I am sure many of you must have used it in windows 7 please advise...

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by vishalpareek2 » Tue Dec 27, 2011 10:31 pm
i Have posted the same query on "Ask a Kaplan representative" forum. They should be able to help me

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by cubanus » Wed Apr 04, 2012 2:09 pm
Hi,

After having the same problem with windows 7, I found the solution. You have to disable your sound hardware.
1. right click on my computer, select and click properties
2. in the screen that pops up, go to device manager
3. scroll through the list and look for; sound, video and game controllers
4. disable (not uninstall!) all of them
5. good luck studying! the software should now work. Don't forget to change it back after you are done!

I know it is pretty weird, but it was the only thing that worked for me. If you are running another version of windows, I'm guessing you would have to go to device manager and do the same, and if you want to get a good score on your GMAT, you probably won't need any help where to find that.

good luck guys!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by chai1797054 » Tue Dec 20, 2016 8:58 am
Hi

Thanks for the help.it worked.
cubanus wrote:Hi,

After having the same problem with windows 7, I found the solution. You have to disable your sound hardware.
1. right click on my computer, select and click properties
2. in the screen that pops up, go to device manager
3. scroll through the list and look for; sound, video and game controllers
4. disable (not uninstall!) all of them
5. good luck studying! the software should now work. Don't forget to change it back after you are done!

I know it is pretty weird, but it was the only thing that worked for me. If you are running another version of windows, I'm guessing you would have to go to device manager and do the same, and if you want to get a good score on your GMAT, you probably won't need any help where to find that.

good luck guys!