Is the MGMAT a good place for me?

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Is the MGMAT a good place for me?

by SevereN » Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:39 pm
My friend recommended that I take MGMAT's Live Online course. I looked over the reviews from the students and the responses were stellar, but most of the students were scoring 600 to 700 before taking the class. This make me extremely nervous because it seems like I don't fit the profile of a typical MGMAT Student.

I am looking to take my GMAT in about 2 - 3 months. I have taken a practice test and sadly I scored horribly(460), which is why I said earlier that I don't fit the profile of a MGMAT student. Needless to say my math and verbal is weak and I need to relearn the material. Will the MGMAT Live Online help students like myself to obtain a 600 point score?

Additional information. I'm in sales and work about 50 - 60 a week and I work out for 2 hours after work. I'll gladly trade in my gym time to study.

With that in mind is the MGMAT a good place for me?

Thank you

Official Company Rep
Followed by:2 members

by manhattanprep » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:36 pm
Hi there!

Thank you for your interest in our programs. We don't assume any previous GMAT-specific preparation for our courses, so our students are starting out at various levels. Our 9-session prep course is comprehensive, and so it should teach you the strategies you need to understand the exam. There is a lot of work expected outside of the course (about 10-15 hours each week); the more effort you put in, the more you'll get out of the class. Since many of our students haven't seen high school math and grammar for several years, and since this content is an assumed baseline of knowledge before studying for the GMAT, we provide Foundations of Math & Foundations of Verbal strategy supplements as part of the course resources to help you refresh your memory of this content. Please let us know if you have any further questions, and feel free to email us at [email protected] at any time!

Best,

Sam Fleming
Student Services Associate
Manhattan GMAT
The world leader in GMAT test prep. We believe test prep should be real education. Your education begins here.