Manhattan Tests

This topic has expert replies
Community Manager
Followed by:3 members

Manhattan Tests

by isisalaska » Thu Jan 11, 2007 3:15 pm
Has anyone taken any of the Manhattan online exams? I have just taken one and I have scored significantly higher than when I took a OG one only 2 days ago. I would like to belive I have improved 80 points
Isis Alaska

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:10 am
Hi, Isis

It is unusual to improve that much in 2 days - but the good news is, you went up, not down! :D

Chances are that one of the tests was a little bit of a fluke - sometimes you basically get lucky and get lots of questions that are easier for you and sometimes you get unlucky and get lots of questions that are harder for you. (This can happen on test day too - fortunately or unfortunately, depending.) It might be that you basically got a little unlucky with the first and a little lucky with the second and you're really somewhere in between.

I'd go look at the individual questions you got right and wrong and see what you can learn about your strengths and weaknesses. This analysis might help you to figure out why you had such a big different in the scores - though, really, the bigger issue is just to keep improving! And for that, you want to look at all of the questions and learn at least one thing from every single one.

Just be careful not to spend so much time taking practice tests that you don't have enough time to do lots of learning in between! Good luck!
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me