Duke and UNC

Talk to current MBA students about life in MBA programs (not for app advice/discussion)
This topic has expert replies
MBA Student
Followed by:8 members
GMAT Score:740

Duke and UNC

by becnil » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:19 pm
Hi,

I have received my admit decision from both Duke Fuqua and UNC KF. While Duke did not offer me any assistance, UNC is offering me a Fellowship of $30 K per year. I am in a bit of a dilemma right now ! Would you mind giving me some advice regarding this?

My background is in engineering (public sector). I wish to go into international consulting, focusing on infrastructure & public sector.

If you could also comment on whether it is possible to talk to Duke Fuqua with this update and asking for a reconsideration (basically bargain !), I will truly appreciate that.

Thank you for your response,
Niladri.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sat Sep 24, 2011 1:29 pm
Hi becnil,

You should discuss with Duke Fuqua about potential financial aid options. There is no harm in asking.

In regards to which school you should attend, although there are a number of factors, I recommend you identify companies and industries you would be interested in working for post-graduation, and then speaking with the career center and students to talk about opportunities that the school provides. The more data points you gather, the better your decision will be.

Hope this was of help.

Cheers,

Conrad and the Stacy Blackman Team
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:18 members

by FutureWorks » Tue Oct 18, 2011 12:56 am
Hi Becnil,

Firstly we would say congratulations for getting selected in two of the most competitive schools.
We agree with Stacy that there is no harm in asking the adcom if they could look into your case. Eventually it's you who have to make a decision so keeping your goals in mind go for the school that fits them better.