570 to 700 in 30 days with Manhattan GMAT

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

570 to 700 in 30 days with Manhattan GMAT

by ljposson » Fri Mar 28, 2008 11:17 am
I just got my results. 700 with a 44 V 42 Q. I took the test last month and I scored 570 with a 36 V 32 Q. I bought the guided self study plus and watched all the lessons and classes, did 6 practice tests, and all the math books. For the first exam I studied the OG, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books available at Barnes and Noble. There is no comparison. I'm thirty, and haven't taken a fundamental math class since 1995. It took some work to knock the rust off. If you have the $ the program is the best I've seen. I heard about it on this site. Thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Mar 30, 2008 12:24 am
Congrats! Glad to hear the great results!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

by lavall » Wed Apr 02, 2008 6:25 pm
I agree! I've just discovered Manhattan and am loving it, best answer explanations I've seen yet. Just wish I'd discovered it a little earlier, as I write in 4 days!

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Wed Apr 02, 2008 7:30 pm
wow!
thats one of the rare kind of improvement I v seen!
:)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
ljposson wrote:I just got my results. 700 with a 44 V 42 Q. I took the test last month and I scored 570 with a 36 V 32 Q. I bought the guided self study plus and watched all the lessons and classes, did 6 practice tests, and all the math books. For the first exam I studied the OG, Princeton Review, and Kaplan books available at Barnes and Noble. There is no comparison. I'm thirty, and haven't taken a fundamental math class since 1995. It took some work to knock the rust off. If you have the $ the program is the best I've seen. I heard about it on this site. Thanks
That's amazing and inspiring! I just started with the Manhattan GMAT books and so far I really like them. Thanks for letting us know it went so well! :) Good luck to you!!! :D

Congrats ljposson, good luck to you

by yokomariners » Wed Sep 03, 2008 10:14 pm
Congrats ljposson
Team,
I took the test in Feb this year scored 570 Q44, V 25 ( missed 3 questions on math, only because I had hit confirm while I was thinking about the answer). Anyways, i am 33 yrs old. want to get an MBA in opertaions for my career advancement.
Dont know what to do next ?
I want to improve my verbals alone. what is the best way ?
I dont live in the US, so Manhattan is not for me..its a little too expensive as well. I came to know of an institute in India, but he is charging something like manhattan. I am not able to afford it. Is there any place else I can buy used material only fo verbal. I want to improve my verbals score. I am NOT a avid reader. HOw to handle this and master my reading ability. My reading speed is slow/average.
Pls advice
Yoko
thanks
Yoko

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by surajsagi » Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:36 am
Hi, can you tell me, which institute are you talking about ?