Some Suggestions

Have suggestions to improve this community?
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
Followed by:1 members

Some Suggestions

by Leonard C » Tue Mar 25, 2008 7:38 am
Hi Eric, first off I think this site is great - kudos for putting it together.

I'd like to make three suggestions:

Book Review Forum - Can we have a book review forum, so that people can post their thoughts on the same book in the one thread? One frustration I had early on was having to search several threads to see if a book was worth buying (eg. Kaplan 800 and MGMAT SC and CR&RC). For instance, I loved the MGMAT SC but did not really think that the MGMAT CR&RC book was as helpful. I also bought the Princeton Review GMAT Guide, which I think is poor for the price, and I wished I had known this earlier. Also, this can be include books like Richard Montauk's How to Get Into Top MBA Schools and the like.

Admissions Consultants Review - I'm sure a lot of people are thinking of using one and I think it would be good to have a forum where people can detail their experiences with them, as there are so many groups out there at the moment. I'd like to see if there is some feedback from people who have used these consultants, and more importantly, the actual consultant that they used (eg. a friend of mine used Veritas and he loved it, but I read on other forums that others had a different experience - I attribute this to the fact that some consultants within a firm are better than others).

GMAT Prep Course Review - Also, I note in Mayonnaise's blog that he did not have a good experience with a Veritas GMAT tutor in France. However, a friend of mine was very happy with the Veritas course in Sydney. The guy who took the course was also definitely a 99th percentile GMATer. These types of experiences help people make better decisions (eg. Veritas may not be good in France, but it is quite good in Sydney).

BTW, I am not affiliated in any way with Veritas! In fact, I think their course (like Kaplan et al) are quite pricey.

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Tue Mar 25, 2008 4:49 pm
Thanks Leonard for the suggestions. I like your ideas, but we'll need to think through whether adding new forums is the right approach for getting the reviews you desire, since there are already a lot of forums. But I definitely hear you and will add your suggestions to our request list.

In the mean time, I hope you are leveraging the Google search box at the upper right hand portion of this page to help you navigate the sea of posts here.

Thanks again!
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school