GMAT 690 , GPA 3.5... where should I apply???

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT 690 , GPA 3.5... where should I apply???

by ale_fg » Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:35 pm
Hello,

I'm hoping for some guidance as to where to apply to start in the fall of 2012.

Background:
I'm 24 years old, I'm Mexican, I'm a girl. I studied Engineering at a top Mexican University, and have a GPA of around 3.5. I want a 2 year full-time MBA program. I have a GMAT of 690 and by the time I want to start the MBA I will have 3 and a half years of full-time work experience. Right now I've been working on the same Global Consumer Products Company for 2 years. I'm a Finance Planning Analyst, I do Finance for Marketing.

Aside from that, I did an Internship abroad for 6 months when I was in College, and have other minor accomplishments from when I was a student. I was president of the Student Government, and did a 6 month international exchange program.

I would love some feedback so I can improve my profile before I apply. Where should I apply? And what are my chances of getting in? I would really like to get in to a Top program!

I would really appreciate an expert's opinion!

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Mon Mar 28, 2011 9:04 pm
Unfortunately, this is not the best place to post this query. This thread is for normally for admissions success stories.

Anyway comapring your profile and mine, I think your profile is very different to mine.

My GMAT 700/ 6yrs WE/First Class in Undergrad(No GPA system) is very different. So you have that advantage. You are not over represented like me. I think your international student exchange experience will help a lot and also that you lead the student government.

You can check the US News rankings to get an idea of the top schools. You should also visit each school's website. Study their class profiles and average GMATs etc. I am sure you will like some schools more than the others. :)

All the best.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by bln123 » Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:45 am
Wrong place to ask that questions....

Apart from lack of orientation in the btg-forum, your profile sounds good enough for top 10 schools (good gmat and gpa, bonuses when it comes to diversity, as you are female and from a non typical MBA country).

If you manage to apply in the 1st round, I believe you have good chances at top 10 schools

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by rrrhhh » Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:28 pm
Ale, you definitely have a big shot at all the top 10. Good GMAT and Latin girl... Perhaps a couple more years of experience won´t hurt, but you are definitely in good shape.

Journey
https://mbajourney12.blocked/