Ross with 660...Booth & Wharton waitlists

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Ross with 660...Booth & Wharton waitlists

by peco » Fri Mar 25, 2011 3:35 am
Hello Guys,

I am probably going to sound cliche and annoying when I restate what Admission Officers and Consultants say: "Applications are evaluated holistically".

I scored a 640 in my first GMAT and a month later scored a 660. I was almost discouraged to apply but I was moved by the word "holistic" and decided to strengthen other parts of my application: essays and anecdotes for my recommendations. My profile is not outstanding but here goes:

GMAT 660: Q47 V34
GPA: 3.51/5.0
Nationality: Nigerian
Work Exp: 4 years at Financial Services + Co-founder of SME Consulting firm
Extra Curricular: Member of not-for-profit aimed at empowering youths to become entrepreneurs

I applied to Ross, Wharton and Booth during Round 2 and London Business School for Round 3. I got interview invites from all round 2 schools and was finally accepted at Ross. Between last week and yesterday, i was placed on the waitlist for Booth and Wharton.

I benefited immensely from this website and its numerous forums and stories and I would be more than willing to answer any questions. I would only like to encourage prospective MBAs with not so fantastic credentials to stop dwelling on the GMAT and instead focus their energy on the 'whole' application. In the words of wise-men, "You never know until you give it a try". These guys truly take a holistic approach; you would be glad you gave it a shot.

Hit me up if you have any questions and I would do my best to respond to your queries and concerns.

All the best to applicants out there. Bless!

Legendary Member
Followed by:34 members
GMAT Score:720

by vineeshp » Fri Mar 25, 2011 9:51 am
Congrats :-)
Your credentials are fantastic and not stereotype.

Just a note to say that if credentials are not so great, GMAT becomes important.

All d best.
Vineesh,
Just telling you what I know and think. I am not the expert. :)

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by peco » Fri Mar 25, 2011 10:14 am
Thanks a lot for the compliment....much appreciated. In addition, I totally want to agree with you but it is very subjective and the discreet responses from adcom doesn't help either.

To always be on the safe side, it is best to strengthen every part of your application that you can....it just might be the icing on the cake for you.