GMAT and Admissions Committee

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT and Admissions Committee

by npandey » Sun Dec 10, 2006 6:12 am
Hi Stacy

Question on gmat and ad commit - once app is received and lets say GMAT score is low 500's/early 600's and your app is going to stanford, will they dismiss it right away based on the scores or will they still look at entire app to determine if it can go anywhere?

I am trying to understand if one variable is not so hot, does the app get thrown out instantly for good schools.

Many thanks

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:31 pm
They will evaluate the whole application. There really is no cut off. BUT, other variables will have to be very strong to be successful at a school like Stanford with a low 500 GMAT.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Re: GMAT and Admissions Committee

by career_switcher » Mon Dec 11, 2006 6:17 am
npandey wrote:Hi Stacy

Question on gmat and ad commit - once app is received and lets say GMAT score is low 500's/early 600's and your app is going to stanford, will they dismiss it right away based on the scores or will they still look at entire app to determine if it can go anywhere?

I am trying to understand if one variable is not so hot, does the app get thrown out instantly for good schools.

Many thanks
I'll give you the non-pc answer. If your gmat score is low 500 and your family isn't worth a couple of million dollars, your application will go in the garbage.