gmat voucher or promotion code?

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

gmat voucher or promotion code?

by mahesh7 » Wed Feb 25, 2009 6:28 pm
hi

I wanted to register for a GMAT test and found that mba.com is asking for Voucher or promotion code. Do you know where I can get one?

Thanks
MBA

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:00 pm
we (BTG forum) dont have any voucher or coupons/promotional codes.
but we'll investigate if there's such thing existing...

Are you sure it was MBA.COM ? I dont remember this step during signup...
they may have added this recently....

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Promotion Code

by alecbrew » Mon Mar 23, 2009 10:55 am
Does anyone have the mba.com test promotion code? Is there a cheaper way to take this test?

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Mon Mar 23, 2009 8:35 pm
there's a trick when they call it a cheaper way for signing up a GMAT date.

major GMAT test preparation / coaching institutions offer GMAT voucher/ promotional code. BUT for that you'll need to buy their $1000+ GMAT course ;)

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by EricKryk » Wed Apr 01, 2009 11:37 pm
of course; I scoured the internet for this voucher. Thanks for explaning what's really going on. I have to say I'm surprised that the info hasn't been leaked by now.

Actually there IS a voucher

by kelly4u2 » Fri Apr 03, 2009 8:36 am
You get a voucher by going to the financial aid office of your university. You fill out some paperwork and they look at the income you reported on FAFSA and on the paper work to determine your eligibility. If approved you receive a voucher code that you can use online at mba.com.

Again.. you must prove financial need.

Legendary Member

Re: Actually there IS a voucher

by aim-wsc » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:45 pm
kelly4u2 wrote:You get a voucher by going to the financial aid office of your university. You fill out some paperwork and they look at the income you reported on FAFSA and on the paper work to determine your eligibility. If approved you receive a voucher code that you can use online at mba.com.

Again.. you must prove financial need.
Thanks for the info mate... :)

Would you back this with some external link/resource where it's stated?

Legendary Member

by aim-wsc » Mon Oct 26, 2009 4:26 pm
I should gather more concrete information on this matter. So far all I can provide is the article I'd published about GMAT voucher & promotional codes

Hope that helps.
Last edited by aim-wsc on Fri Dec 21, 2012 2:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:80 members
GMAT Score:760

by sanju09 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:48 am
Even I have somehow earned a so called gmat voucher or promotion code, which I'm planning to give away to one of my friend whose financial status is something I am not sure about, and now I am stuck, where are you Eric, please guide me about this new fuss, gmat voucher or promotion code!!
The mind is everything. What you think you become. -Lord Buddha

Sanjeev K Saxena
Quantitative Instructor
The Princeton Review - Manya Abroad
Lucknow-226001

www.manyagroup.com

by poohbear23860 » Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:55 pm
I have found the voucher its called a fee waiver but it has a catch to it for the test taker the info is posted below.
https://www.gmac.com/gmac/thegmat/gmatfeewaiverprogram/

GMAC does not provide fee waivers directly to test takers; rather, fee waivers are provided to schools upon request. Availing these fee waivers, schools will have an opportunity to extend access where they see a need. We offer schools up to 10 fee waivers every year to use at their discretion as part of a program or otherwise to help economically disadvantaged test takers. Additional fee waivers may be available upon request.

Schools can request fee waivers by sending an email to [email protected] with the following information:

1. Name of the school and business program
2. Number of fee waivers requested
3. A brief summary of the nature of the outreach program, if applicable, for underserved economically disadvantaged candidates

Schools will receive the requested fee waiver codes via a secured email. Test takers can then use the fee waiver code when they register for their GMAT appointment, either online at mba.com or by calling GMAT Customer Service in their region. Each fee waiver code is good for the entire GMAT fee and expires within one year of the date on which the school received the code. [/list]

by ruggermax » Tue May 03, 2011 8:56 am
your financial aid office will have the vouchers. If they do not, you can ask them to apply for 10 vouchers for free. here is the link to explain....
https://www.gmac.com/gmac/thegmat/gmatfeewaiverprogram/