Student profile; any guidance on schools I have a shot at?

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi all,

Very new to the BeattheGMAT community and the GMAT in general. I'm looking to write the test in 3 months and submit my application early next year. I've been looking at some schools and just wanted to know if my undergrad grades were justified in the schools I was looking at.

4 yr degree from a 2nd tier Canadian university (Ryerson); cumulative GPA of 3.14, final two years are straight A's
- 2 years of coop experience at top companies + side entrepreneurial venture
- 1.5 year experience in a tech role at top Canadian investment bank
- current role at top consulting company in an architecture role

I feel my experience and self-started iniatiatves will help but i'm not sure. I can be optimistic and say I'm gunning for a 700 on the GMAT but that's to be determined. Based on my undergrad grades and experience should I only be looking at 2nd tier MBA programs?

My goal was to get into Oxford, Cornell or Queens....suggestions?

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Wed Jan 05, 2011 6:47 pm
Believe it or not, Canadians are under-represented in top US schools, because there are good MBA options in Canada, and visa issues sometimes scare applicants away. For this reason, you could be at an advantage in what you bring to the table may be viewed as unique due to your nationality. I would say you'd have a shot at those schools especially if you have a compelling essay package and good GMAT score.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options