Sending score means Applying (???) ...

Let's talk about...whatever!
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

Sending score means Applying (???) ...

by camitava » Thu Jan 10, 2008 4:49 am
Guys, I am having my GMAT on 23rd Feb. But I am worried about a point! Through MBA.COM, I have learnt that before appearing for the exam, I can chose 5 universities to send my score. Does this process mean applying to the college? Or it is the case that though my score has been sent to them, I have to apply separately!

Guys, need ur suggestion in this regard. I am really confused about this point!
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

by mayonnai5e » Thu Jan 10, 2008 5:42 am
It just sends the report - that's all. Applying to the school is an entirely different and independent matter.
https://www.beatthegmat.com/my-blog-erro ... t4899.html
550 =\ ...560 =\... 650 =) ...570 =( ...540 =*( ...680 =P ... 670 =T ...=T... 650 =T ...700 =) ..690 =) ...710 =D ...GMAT 720 DING!! ;D

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Thu Jan 10, 2008 7:05 am
dont worry :lol:

Applying for an MBA would cost you an addional $150-250$ Depending on the university you apply.

Applying for the MBA program at b-schools and "sending GMAT test reports to b-schools" are to different business. (the latter is done when you mention 5 University / MBA programs on G-Day! )

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:614 members
GMAT Score:800

by Stuart@KaplanGMAT » Thu Jan 10, 2008 9:41 am
On the day of the test, you can send your score to 5 schools for free. If you don't use those 5 free reports, they disappear and every score report you send costs you US$28.

There's absolutely no downside to using up the 5 freebies. If you send a school a score report and don't end up applying (which is completely separate), then your score just sits in the aether and has no impact on any of your other applications. It's quite rare for the Dean of HBS to call people and mock them for sending in a mediocre GMAT score report!

:D

If you end up needed to rewrite the test and send a later score report to a school, it sees all of your scores from the last 5 years. In other words, there's no way to hide bad scores if you end up applying. You might as well use the free reports while you can.

Stuart Kovinsky | Kaplan GMAT Faculty | Toronto

Kaplan Exclusive: The Official Test Day Experience | Ready to Take a Free Practice Test? | Kaplan/Beat the GMAT Member Discount
BTG100 for $100 off a full course