GMAT VS IN HOUSE ADMISSIONS TEST

Share tips as you apply, write essays, interview...
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

GMAT VS IN HOUSE ADMISSIONS TEST

by fsamara » Mon Jan 07, 2008 9:59 pm
GMATTERS,

I am in the process of getting everything ready to apply to Instiuto de Empresa. My question, is it easier, harder, or better to take the school's admissions test instead of the GMAT ? pros/cons (assuming that's the only school I am applying for)

thanks
fadi

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Wed Jan 09, 2008 6:10 am
I personally would take the GMAT as it's a standardised test recognised globally (recognised in most parts of the world).

But if you are considering applying to only one university then there's no need for you to take GMAT unless your "in-house-entrance-test" fees is more than $250. ;)

Personally I am not familiar with entrance test at 'Instiuto de Empresa' so I cannot compare it with GMAT.
But again I would take GMAT as there are more resources / aid available for GMAT studies online or offline than any local test. Also you never know about your future development, I should be more open and take a general/global stardardised test!

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by BBJ » Wed Jan 09, 2008 12:52 pm
aim-wsc wrote:I personally would take the GMAT as it's a standardised test recognised globally (recognised in most parts of the world).

But if you are considering applying to only one university then there's no need for you to take GMAT unless your "in-house-entrance-test" fees is more than $250. ;)

Personally I am not familiar with entrance test at 'Instiuto de Empresa' so I cannot compare it with GMAT.
But again I would take GMAT as there are more resources / aid available for GMAT studies online or offline than any local test. Also you never know about your future development, I should be more open and take a general/global stardardised test!
i agree!