How to improve verbal score

This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

How to improve verbal score

by joshi.komal » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:20 am
Hi All,

I want to improve my verbal score. But the more I am working hard the lesser I am getting in the tests that I am taking.

I want to know how I can improve my verbal score. and is there anyone else sailing in this boat for me. I am taking my test on 28th of Jan. and I want to get this issue nailed down before that.

Any kind of strategy suggestion would be appreciated.

BTW I am consitently getting 44-45 in my Quant and verbal is the pain in the neck.

Thanks
Komal Joshi

GMAT/MBA Expert

Site Admin
Followed by:994 members

by beatthegmat » Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:09 pm
Hi Komal:

Have you identified the areas of verbal where you are specifically week? Have you kept detailed error logs and analyzed patterns of verbal errors?

It's really tedious work to keep up such detailed analysis, but it's an incredibly effective way to improve your score.
Beat The GMAT | The MBA Social Network
Community Management Team

Research Top GMAT Prep Courses:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/gmat-prep-courses

Research The World's Top MBA Programs:
https://www.beatthegmat.com/mba/school

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:770

by simplyjat » Tue Jan 22, 2008 10:23 pm
How much are you scoring in verbal? And how much you want to score?

For sentence correction
- Kaplan Verbal Workbook
- Manhattan SC
- Manhattan Review SC

For CR & RC
- LSAT Reasoning Bible

But considering the 28 Jan Date, I don't think you have room to much improvement now... If you want to get the GMAT done, just relax and calm down. Whereas if you want to nail GMAT I advise to reschedule.

For Q 45, V 35 I think you are looking at a score around 650, is this what you are looking at...
simplyjat

Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

working hard getting worse?

by resilient » Fri Jan 25, 2008 6:36 pm
OK- I just took the verbal manhattan gmat exam. Earlier I received a verbal score of 44 not i got a 35. My problem before was reading comprehension ad strength in critical reasoning and ok on sentence correction. I banked heavy on reading comprehension and the scores followed with almost perfect on reading comprehension but i am not hurting in sentence correction and critical reasoning. I can easily fix the critical reasoning with some time. But the more i study sentence correction the worse it gets. I do have the manhattan gmat. There is a missing element that I need to get my hands on. My hunch is I am letting the questions slip through my fingers because I am getting anxious or cant spot the differences correctly.

I have the excel diagnostic on my performance ..do some of the proffesionals care to see it?
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!