Suggest me TOEFL study plan and study material

You just Beat The TOEFL/IELTS/Cambridge/PTE!
This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members
I have been planning for gmat(almost 6 months now)

I have to take TOEFL as well and i have to meet one deadline of jan 15(it is for august session).So,i am planning to gmat and TOEFL next month.
So please suggest me one month study plan to take TOEFL.
I use to think Verbal of gmat will help me to take TOEFL and taking TOEFL will be easier after i have taken gmat.I am preparing full time now so prep time may not be problem so may be i can start TOEFL as well.(as i have to take it anyway eventually)

When i started gmat i started it with Barron's book and only after 1 month i relaized that it was waste of time and i should have gone for OG,Manhattan,Kaplan,Prep test,powescore(i have done all of them now).

So, i dont want same thing to happen in case of TOEFL as well as i am on a tight schedule.

So please suggest me right workplan and study materials.

Is 1 month enough preparation time?

I know it is different ball game but my gmat verbal score has been from 27-37(before taking prep classes...now i have started prep classes for it...going on)
any suggestions?
Last edited by frank1 on Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:24 am, edited 2 times in total.
GMAT score is equally counted as your GPA and 78 clicks can change you life.

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:2 members
GMAT Score:660

by vivek1110 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 12:32 am
Kaplan has a TOEFL book, which has 3 CD's, one of which contains 4 practice tests. I think the strategies on the Kaplan book are pretty good, and can be easily covered in a month. Make sure you do the practice tests, I found the practice tests to be most useful. Good Luck with your preparation.
Is caught between a rock and a hard place!

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by frank1 » Sun Oct 17, 2010 7:19 am
I have got
OG TOEFL with CD
Kaplan toefl prep 2010-2011 with cd
Princeton review Toefl book

They are good for GMAT so i thought it may be same for TOEFL as well.
I have heard lot about toefl barron's book.For gmat it was waste,so can i ignore it here as well.

I am a programmer and see lots of tutorials videos(about 50 till now),i really love to hear people speak fast.(i usually hear forwarded voice in those video at 1.4 X(40% faster than normal) when i watch those videos).I usually get bored when they speak slowly.
I just heard some audio from official.Feels like my experience will help me.

Any ways thanks
and please keep suggestions coming.
GMAT score is equally counted as your GPA and 78 clicks can change you life.