Please Evaluate - OLDER Applicant - THANKS!

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members
I have tried to post in the other forums, but have had some problems getting an answer.

If you have an issue with more than just two jobs on your re'sume', what is the best way to "tie" it all together? During the earlier part of my career, I worked in the film industry. I was a contractual employee, working for several companies. This is how things tend to run when you are a newbie trying to enter a business function within the film industry.

I worry this could ruin my chances at some universities. I DO plan to explain the where, why, and how. I am just not 100% sure what I should avoid.

Thanks,
A

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:51 pm
More than two jobs on your resume should not be an issue. If you frequently changed jobs/roles/companies, you will need to be able to tie them together and provide a reasonable explanation for the changes. You don't want to come across as a sporadic employee without a plan. Otherwise, it may appear that you are applying to business school on a whim. Rather, you should be able to show that even though your jobs changed, you had a plan and hopefully increasing levels of responsibility and leadership.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options