Longer RCs=More Questions/Tougher RCs?

This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Longer RCs=More Questions/Tougher RCs?

by gman.gowri » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:21 am
I am doing the OG RCs and I see that as I progress through the questions, on an average the RCs get lengthier and as per the OG the questions are ordered according to difficulty(to help you :D)
And along with this, I see a trend of more questions per RC as well.

I was just curious if , on the actual gmat, a lengthy rc(I am assuming a lengthy rc is a tough rc) will have more questions than normal RCs?

The reason i ask this is, I spend a good 3 minutes reading a large RC passage. I am then able to wrap up the questions at an average of a minute per question.
If a tough RC would have more than your standard 3-4 questions, it would kind of justify me spending the 3 minutes reading the RC. If this is not the case and even the tough ones get same number of question, I would be massively eating into my SC/CR Time :(

So, you ex-gmat takers(gmat-tookers :P ), do you remember, vaguely, any pattern of this sort.

P.S. I know that sometimes you get easy RCs with simple content which may be long, am not referring to those passages...I am referring to the long passages that are messy.

P.P.S Another question:- Do we have questions of different difficulaty levels within RC? or is it like, you are given RC with a fixed difficulty level (based on your verbal performance at the time) and there is no distinction among all the questions for that RC. I remember reading something to that effecct but I am not able to remember if it was a reliable source of info or not

Greatly appreciate any input for RCs as well :D

Thanks in advance!