Help Needed in profile evaluation

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Help Needed in profile evaluation

by chargal » Thu Sep 23, 2010 10:04 pm
Hello,

Have taken GMAT thrice but ended up with 630 for last one and 620 for the previous.

Background Info about me:

GMAT (630) - Q49, V27
TOEFEL - Yet to be taken
Nationality: Indian
Total Work Ex - 6 years
International Ex - 4 + years (In United States)
GRAD GPA - 3.3/4.0
Industry - IT
Awards from the Employer

Education:
Grad: BE (University 9th rank)

Extra Curricular Activities:
- Fund Raising Volunteer for India based NGO and Running for a cause in US for last 4 years
- Volunteer for an Adult Literacy Programme in US
- Involved in Technical Symposium/Paper Presentation Winner during Bachelor's Degree
- Organized Cultural events and Technical events during Grad.
- Involved in Cultural events in US - Dancing for Indian Festival

Initially my target was 700+ for GMAT and to hit on top-ranked schools. But with the present low score, I am kinda taking a step back and looking for optimistic target schools.

I am fine for US/UK/Europe and kinda OK for 1 year or 2 year, since I knew I have to compromise on certain criteria because of the low score

Please let me know what would be the target schools I can think of with the above profile. Any help is highly appreciated !!

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Fri Sep 24, 2010 1:03 pm
You are correct in thinking that the combination of your GPA and GMAT score will make it difficult to get into a top program. They are still pretty good and your professional experience and extracurriculars are solid. Look at programs in the top 20-30 range. Your choices should be based upon how well your future goals align with the program's strengths. You should also consider at least one higher ranked programs as a "reach" school. Just make sure your GMAT falls w/in the 80% range of accepted students. Best of luck!
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options