Fordham Acceptance Emailed?

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Fordham Acceptance Emailed?

by Dianars » Fri Apr 02, 2010 4:48 am
Hello,

Yesterday, I received an Email from Fordham University Tech. saying "congratulations and welcome to Fordham University! This e-mail provides you with the information necessary to access the Fordham University portal, My.fordham.edu.... " it provided me with the log-in information to get into the intranet student page and go over financial aid, etc...
I have not received anything in the mail and am not sure...is this an acceptance? or is this just a notification that all my materials were received?

I am just bit confused...the email was quite informal!

I tried calling the university but they are closed till Tuesday for Easter.

Please let me know what you think!!

Diana

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amittilak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 7:57 am
Diana,
It does look like an acceptance...
Although I would check with the admissions office to make sure. Congratulations on your acceptance!!!
Fordham is one of the school I am applying for my PT MBA...
Do you mind sharing your profile and if you have any tips for my application??
AT

by Dianars » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:02 am
I went ahead and emailed the school to follow up and I just found out today that I got into the GWU MBA program so I am very excited as well!

2008 George Washington University BBA graduate (completed it in 3.5 yrs)
3.71 GPA, Magna Cum Laude
Presidential Scholar, Deans list, National Collegiate Scholar Member
GMAT: 580 (eek i know...)
Work experience: i worked full time as a Marketing Manager for 6 months while still in school; I managed the tactical marketing side of a small telecom startup and had one intern. I have currently been working at Travelers Companies as an Account Exec in the private non/profit department focusing on finance and marketing for the past 2 yrs. Overall, I have about 3 years of professional experience.

I hope this helps! they are on rolling admissions and they said it was 4-6 weeks to when I would here if i got in and i hope this was a yes! haha.
The application is pretty straight-forward; personal statement, leadership essay, and then an optional essay; the option i chose was "what do you think the admissions committee should have asked?" and i used the question "what can i benefit/contribute).

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
Followed by:1 members

by amittilak » Fri Apr 02, 2010 8:55 am
Thanks for the info. Congrats for the GWU admit!!!
You have very good GPA which probably helped offset your GMAT score...
MY background is in Civil Engg. I have Masters from a reputed Univ in NY. WE is 6 years. My GMAT is 660. Undergrad GPA is 3.4
I am currently working as Sales engineer and have impressive sales record for last 2 years. Ironically, I got interested in Fordham couple of months back when I finished a big construction project for Fordham university. I was wondering if I should mention that in my essays.. lol...
I am also applying to NYU Langone PT program in their Weschester campus and to Baruch. I am really hoping to get admit in atleast one of them.
Good luck with your MBA!!!

by Dianars » Fri Apr 02, 2010 9:21 am
thank you! I actually am re-taking the GMAT for my application to Georgetown and NYU part-time. i am horrible at standardized tests and the anxiety always overtakes me when i get into the actual testing environment. we will see what happens! :)

good luck with the application process!

I want to apply to NYU but on their website they say that if you are interested in a career change you should not apply to the part-time program. I am interested in a career change (focus more on consulting) so I am now a bit torn...

by rasha4 » Fri Apr 16, 2010 10:03 pm
congratulations! when did u apply? and did u have to do any interview before receiving the acceptance?
thank you

by Dianars » Sun Apr 18, 2010 5:52 am
i actually just got the acceptance letter in the mail! i applied in the beginning of march and heard back april 1st. i did not have an interview.

by rasha4 » Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:33 pm
Dianars wrote:i actually just got the acceptance letter in the mail! i applied in the beginning of march and heard back april 1st. i did not have an interview.
when did u receive the confirmation that your application is complete and ready for review by the adcom?
thank you once again

by rasha4 » Wed May 05, 2010 10:53 am
i have been accepted into fordham and GWU and i think i am going to choose fordham, is this like a big mistake? should i always go for the higher ranked program? financailly, fordham is much more convenient for me
how long will it take to receive the accerptance package from fordham? and what does it include? i recieved the package from GWU a week after i got the acceptance by e-mail is it the same case with fordham? i am a bit worried coz i live outside the USA
thank you for your answers

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by sidd27 » Sat Jun 05, 2010 6:08 am
Hey all

Good to know u all have Fordham admits as well.

I am pondering this school's selection as well as timing this MBA.

Whats is the general feedback you guys have had for this school?

I hear the career services lags big time.

NE1 hear the same?

by MissTee » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:10 pm
I jumped on this thread because I recently started heavily researching the MBA programs at Fordham University. I am trying to focus my career in marketing & media management and they offer an MBA with a concentration in communications and Media management. The thing is, I don't know much about the school. From my research, it seems to be decent and it has the concentration that I want to focus on. Can any of you give me some feedback on this school and/or program? They are going to be at the QS MBA Fair here in Houston in October so I definitely plan on speaking to a recruiter, but I want to do my homework on them before that time comes!