Taking additional practice tests?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Taking additional practice tests?

by wtoolson » Sat Aug 07, 2010 12:31 pm
Hello,

This question is mostly for Brent but anyone who would like to weigh in is invited to do so.

I'm in the process of studying to take the GMAT in mid-September. Looking at the 60-day plan, I see that we take the GMATPrep Test #1 three times, GMATPrep Test #2 one time, and two of the Kaplan tests. Besides not wanting to overload us, is there any reason that you don't have us take any of the Manhattan GMAT tests or the other four Kaplan tests? Are they not as high quality as the ones you've selected?

I'm pretty committed to studying and I feel that I should be able to find an extra 2.5 hours each weekend to squeeze another test in, if for no other reason than additional practice.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Wyatt

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Mon Aug 09, 2010 5:01 am
Hi Wyatt,

By all means, take as many tests as you can fit in.
The more you can take these tests under the time constraints the better.
They're all good tests, but I'm partial to the GMATPrep with retired official questions.

All the best,
Brent

wtoolson wrote:Hello,

This question is mostly for Brent but anyone who would like to weigh in is invited to do so.

I'm in the process of studying to take the GMAT in mid-September. Looking at the 60-day plan, I see that we take the GMATPrep Test #1 three times, GMATPrep Test #2 one time, and two of the Kaplan tests. Besides not wanting to overload us, is there any reason that you don't have us take any of the Manhattan GMAT tests or the other four Kaplan tests? Are they not as high quality as the ones you've selected?

I'm pretty committed to studying and I feel that I should be able to find an extra 2.5 hours each weekend to squeeze another test in, if for no other reason than additional practice.

I'd really appreciate your input.

Thanks.

Wyatt
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

by wtoolson » Thu Aug 12, 2010 7:54 am
Hi Brent,

Thanks for the advice. I'm planning on taking the GMATPrep tests according to the schedule, but I didn't want to overuse them. Any preference between Kaplan and Manhattan GMAT? I'm scheduled to take the test on September 25th which gives me six weekends of availability. I'm hoping to fit in one additional test each weekend as well one or two when I have free nights, but if you had to pick one set to focus on which would it be?

Thanks again.

Wyatt