how much improvement if scored 440 on GMAT Prep Test #1?

Share feedback about this free GMAT prep guide
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts
Hi,

First of all, I would like to know if it's possible to improve A LOT following this study guide day by day. I feel frustrated and my confidence is on my shoes after scoring 440 on the GMAT prep test....is two months sufficient to study and get 600-650 on this test? Or should I prepared for a longer period of time, maybe 3 months?
At this point I am on Day 6 of the study plan, I understand the material. However after doing the Official Guide Problems, I consistently run out of time (over 6 or 10 minutes) and then get half the problems wrong. Should I always complete the Additional Reinforcement topics? I feel that I know the math topic tested but once I see the clock time passing, I get nervous. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!!

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:1268 members
GMAT Score:770

by Brent@GMATPrepNow » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:21 pm
Hi JRomero,

A 200-point increase is significant but certainly not impossible.
By all means you should be tackling as many additional reinforcement questions as possible. The more you do, the greater your score.

As far as how long it will take you to reach your target score, I think it's a little early to tell.
Wait another 2 weeks, and then retake the GMATPrep test. From there you will have a better idea of your improvement trajectory.

Cheers,
Brent

quote="Jromero"]Hi,

First of all, I would like to know if it's possible to improve A LOT following this study guide day by day. I feel frustrated and my confidence is on my shoes after scoring 440 on the GMAT prep test....is two months sufficient to study and get 600-650 on this test? Or should I prepared for a longer period of time, maybe 3 months?
At this point I am on Day 6 of the study plan, I understand the material. However after doing the Official Guide Problems, I consistently run out of time (over 6 or 10 minutes) and then get half the problems wrong. Should I always complete the Additional Reinforcement topics? I feel that I know the math topic tested but once I see the clock time passing, I get nervous. Any tips will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!!![/quote]
Brent Hanneson - Creator of GMATPrepNow.com