profile evaluation please

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

profile evaluation please

by jeevakp103 » Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:52 am
This is my profile

completed graduation(5.5yrs) in Allopathic Medicine (MBBS) from a reputed college in India in 2009 february

Started my own business after that involving something very innovative system of medicine that is combining two or more systems of medicine ... concentrating more on the life style modifying diseases and symtoms like Diabetes, hypertension, obesity, asthma, few types of cancers etc...

Involved with a project under WHO which is relevant to this very focus on diseases...

Have 5 months experience with the cancer department as a full time resident ..the motive was to study the efficacy of some traditional medicines in the palliation of cancer symptoms... have some credible results from that also..
Organized few Blood Donation camps in my city...

The whole of it makes it a 16 months full time work experience in addition to 1 year of paid internship( as part of graduation) in a government run hospital in 7 departments inclucding 3 months of Community service at Primary Health Care Centres in the City...

Average CGPA - 2.95

Co-curricular activities included mostly cultural programs like organizing MUSICAL EVENTS.. and participating in Various Singing competitions and some sports events also..

Plans after MBA - 1) to further my endeavor into entrepreneurship
2) to forge into the field of health insurance
3) to improve the healthcare delivery in the urban population of India laying more stress on the
prevention of disease rather than the cure

NOW WHAT PROGRAMS AND WHAT SCHOOLS THE EXPERTS HERE THINK WILL CATER TO THE NEEDS OF THIS PROFILE OR SHOULD LOOK GENUINE KEEPING IN MIND THE PURPOSE OF DOING MBA???????
HOW SHOULD I GO ABOUT
THANKS IN ADVANCE

I will be taking GMAT in july End

REGARDS

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:6 members

by Scottie@VeritasPrep » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:40 am
You can do your own internet research to find MBA programs with a healthcare focus. For example, both Berkeley's Haas School of Business and Duke's Fuqua School of Business offer programs with a healthcare focus. However, the healthcare industry in the US differs greatly from other countries so be sure to seek a globally focused program. Duke's cross continent HSM program is one possibility.

Be sure that you understand exactly what you hope to gain from an MBA program so that you can clearly articulate it in your application. "Furthering your endeavor into entrepreneurship" and "forging into the field of health insurance" are very general statements. Be very specific regarding your future goals. This will make it easier for you to determine if a program fits your needs and also will strengthen your application once you decide where you want to go.
Scottie Winslow | Admissions Consultant |
Veritas Prep

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options