%-ile Est.

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

%-ile Est.

by qwe12 » Mon May 17, 2010 11:27 pm
in the mgmat tests, what does "%-ile Est." refer to? the percentile of test takers who get it correct? or is it just an estimate? i encountered a 700 - 800 question with "%-ile Est." 99, does that mean you estimate only 1%ile of all test takers to get this question correct? it would be useful, if you had a "tool tip" explaining what it meant.

Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts

by qwe12 » Wed May 19, 2010 11:02 pm
qwe12 wrote:in the mgmat tests, what does "%-ile Est." refer to? the percentile of test takers who get it correct? or is it just an estimate? i encountered a 700 - 800 question with "%-ile Est." 99, does that mean you estimate only 1%ile of all test takers to get this question correct? it would be useful, if you had a "tool tip" explaining what it meant.

anyone ??

Official Company Rep

by mgmat-caitlin » Fri May 21, 2010 6:16 am
Hi there,

Sorry I missed your question earlier!

The percentile during our CAT refers to where you currently stand in terms of your percentile score in that section. For example, if you're a third of the way through the test and you've been scoring well, you might currently be in the 87th percentile. Then, if you start answering questions wrong, you would land in a lower percentile. It's an ongoing estimation of your final percentile score.

Best,
Caitlin Clay
Caitlin Clay
Student Services, Manhattan GMAT