Stats on accepted students who utilized MBA app consultants

Congrats! Tell us how you did it
This topic has expert replies
Senior | Next Rank: 100 Posts
GMAT Score:720
Does anyone have an idea or is this data available anywhere?

I'm interested in knowing what percentage of students who received acceptances from top schools might have utilized professional services of MBA application consultants.

Thanks in advance.

by mygmat.2009 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:36 am
Did I post this in the wrong topic area? Do admin consultants on BTG access this thread or should I post under Admin Consutant blogs?

Thanks.

Legendary Member
Followed by:79 members
GMAT Score:640

by money9111 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 pm
I just think that it's a function of people who have used MBA consultants and coaches are either in school or out of school so most of them have "aged out" of this website lol unless they're just back here giving advice... but i think that's a very small segment of folks.. it may be better to ask a consultant representing a company though... i will update you this time next year though! ;-)
My goal is to make MBA applicants take onus over their process.

My story from Pre-MBA to Cornell MBA - New Post in Pre-MBA blog

Me featured on Poets & Quants

Free Book for MBA Applicants

by mygmat.2009 » Tue Apr 20, 2010 4:49 pm
So true money9111! The reason I ask is because I always wonder which one of the following two scenarios is more likely to happen:

1) An applicant who uses prof consulting services gets a real advantage over other applicants (who might be more qualified but prepared the app themselves) and ends up with admission to his/her top choice.

2) An applicant who uses prof consulting services only does so because he/she knows that his/her qualifications are lacking in some areas and hoping for the admin consultants to cover it up. Adcom ends up sensing the consultants involvement and hence disqualifies the candidate.

So it would be interesting to also know both percentages:
- Percentage of applicants who refer to prof admin consultants
- Percentage of applicants who used prof admin consultant services and ended up with an admission to their school of choice