Urgent Help Required

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Urgent Help Required

by amith.s.m » Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:28 am
Hi,

I am 23 and am giving my GMAT in 2 days time and have not yet been able to finalize 3 college submissions. I have been working in Dubai as an engineer for 3 years now and have been promoted twice already, most recently to the post of project engineer. However, my engineering gpa is quite low - 2.9 and i feel it hinders my application process quite a bit. Hence i have been unable to shortlist colleges other than ISB Hyderabad and Boston University College. I am extremely confident of acquiring a GMAT score in the 720-730 range ( min). Considering the above mentioned information, could you please help me shortlist 3 good MBA programs preferably in America or Europe where my application will actually stand a chance and not be chucked in the bin immediately.

Thanking you in advance,

Amith S Menon

Official Company Rep
Followed by:16 members
GMAT Score:770

by Scott@VeritasPrep » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:23 am
Hello,

It will definitely depend, at least in part, on what you want to do after business school. If you want to do something that makes use of your engineering background, such as supply-chain management or operations, then I would also look at Michigan State, Purdue, and Ohio State in the U.S.

In Europe, maybe look at Oxford, Cranfield, and ESSEC. None will be easy to get into, but I don't think that your GPA will mean an automatic rejection!

Scott