I'm so math driven, my RC is bleeding...Help?

This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Hi,

When I work through a math problem, I recognize the topic, think of possible approaches to the problem, and solve the problem with the sufficient amount of information. Okay great, so this works for me. Because I'm so math driven, I try to apply the exact same approach to reading comprehension questions; a failure for me.

I would like to share my story and hear your thoughts. When I read a passage, I immediately try to bucket the type of passage it is. Is it an evaluation (pros/cons) passage? Is the passage just giving information? It is this or that or this? I then try to summarize the passage. When I do that, I feel more prepared to answer the questions, but what sucks most is that I can't seem to answer any of my questions right because it looks like I'm using a lot of structure to answer the question; when verbal is probably not meant to use such a structured approach.

What am I doing wrong here? Help?
-------------------
Sincerely,

Piyush A.

Legendary Member
Followed by:1 members

by iamcste » Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:25 am
well, IMO you are in right path but with practice try to reduce time you take for these activities, should be fine then.