Stacy, Please help!!!!

Launched April 26, 2006
This topic has expert replies
Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Stacy, Please help!!!!

by wildblueyonder06 » Tue Oct 10, 2006 9:34 am
Stacy --

I completed my high school and two years of college in Pakistan. In Pakistan, there is no concept of multiple choice questions. You are given a question and they have to write down your answer in an essay format.

I completed my B.S. in Biochemistry from Loyola and multiple choices questions where completely new to me. Therefore, my GPA suffered badly in college years here.

For example, in my Cell Biology exam--50% of questions were multiple choice and 50% were essay questions. I got 50 points on essays and only 12 on multiple choice questions.

Can you please help me in how to convey my handicap to business schools on the applications or in the interview. Since the GMAT is in the same format, I am very scared that my score will reflect my weakness.

Any pointers will help!
wildblueyonder06

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Thu Oct 12, 2006 10:59 pm
I believe in your essays there is an opportunity to discuss cultre shock and some of the "little things" that were new and different for you. However you do not want to dwell on these things - if you are applying to US business schools you will need to get over the culture shock quickly! You also do not want to appear to be making excuses.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me

Legendary Member
Followed by:14 members

by aim-wsc » Tue Oct 24, 2006 9:08 pm
just i bit curious... i wonder how this doubt never come to my mind...
ma'am,
whats exam structure in american mba schools. i suppose they conduct exams regularly... so
they usually are objective type or descriptive type?

i m concerned with top ten us bschools.

thankyou.

GMAT/MBA Expert

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:113 members

by Stacy Blackman » Tue Oct 24, 2006 10:12 pm
Test formats are all over the board: essays, multiple choice, true/false, problem solving. Even within one schools, or one class, there will be all different formats.
Interested in a free 30 minute consultation with the Stacy Blackman Team? Sign up here: https://stacyblackman.com/contact
S T A C Y B L A C K M A N Consulting
Admissions Strategy
www.StacyBlackman.com

Read the SBC blog.

Follow me on Twitter.
Like SBC on Facebook.

Learn more about me