This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

Please kindly evaluate my profile

by varma3008 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:05 am
Hi ,
My Profile:
Interested in: MBA(2 years full time)
GMAT: 640(Q:49 V:27)
WE: 2 years 1 month as Manager(Port Logistics)
Did MS(GPA:3.5) Undergrad % : 70% Intermediate: 89 10th: 74
Extracurriculars: Good
Community sevice: Good

I am looking for MBA in Entrepreneurship.
I have Bostn univ, babson, Smith in mind Can u suggest some good schools in Northeast(USA) that I can apply to

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:56 am
REach schools to consider: Sloan or Cornell (Cornell is oft overlooked but is a top school)

Depending on where you want to work post MBA, you might look at the NY schools as well. REmember a school's posted GMAT average is only an average--80% range is much wider. Go to as good a school as you can--it will pay off down the road.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by varma3008 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 10:17 am
bryantmichaels wrote:REach schools to consider: Sloan or Cornell (Cornell is oft overlooked but is a top school)

Depending on where you want to work post MBA, you might look at the NY schools as well. REmember a school's posted GMAT average is only an average--80% range is much wider. Go to as good a school as you can--it will pay off down the road.
Thanks for the reply
I am a native Indian and with such GMAT score and lesser work experience I feel its almost impossible to get it sloan or cornell
what do u say?

Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Nov 03, 2009 6:01 pm
It all depends on how well you differentiate yourself in the essays and overall application package.
Bryant Michaels

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

by varma3008 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 9:32 pm
bryantmichaels wrote:It all depends on how well you differentiate yourself in the essays and overall application package.
Sorry for bothering u again and again and thanks for the reply
Provide I write good essays and differentiate myself well the GMAT score wont be a problem?

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Response to your question.

by mba_it_is » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:47 am
Hey varma3008,

Provide I write good essays and differentiate myself well the GMAT score wont be a problem?

Response: Yes, all of the schools that have been discussed so far are possible. However, the key is to write SOLID essays that provide some valuable insight into who you are as a person. Additionally, visiting these schools - individually or check them out through an MBA event - and making yourself visible to the Admissions Committee along with a stellar interview is going to be critical.

Hope this helps! :)

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Response to your question.

by mba_it_is » Wed Nov 11, 2009 8:49 am
Hey varma3008,

Response: Yes, all of the schools that have been discussed so far are possible. However, the key is to write SOLID essays that provide some valuable insight into who you are as a person. Additionally, visiting these schools - individually or check them out through an MBA event - and making yourself visible to the Admissions Committee along with a stellar interview is going to be critical.

Hope this helps! :)

MBA Student
Followed by:9 members
GMAT Score:640

by hk » Tue Mar 02, 2010 7:37 pm
Moving this thread to Research MBA programs section.
Wanna know what I'm upto? Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/harikrish