GPA ISSUE

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GPA ISSUE

by sanchitsharma3 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:11 am
HI there

I am Sanchit Sharma from INDIA. I have finished my graduation in BBS ( Bachelor in Bushiness Studies ) from SHAHEED SUKHDEV COLLEGE OF BUSINESS STUDIES ( DELHI UNIVERSITY), The BEST under grad b-school in the country, but my issue is in such a competitive environment I have amassed 63% in my graduation (Highst was 75%). In my course there is percentage system not GPA so if i convert it to GPA its coming around 1, which I feel is not the correct indicator because the level of competition is tough and checking is strict.

Now please throw some light on how can I convey my case to universities?? and will they understand it?? also tell me is it better to do your graduation in easier courses from low level college to get good marks and good GPA???

please help

Thanking you in ADVANCE

WITH WARM REGARDS
SANCHIT

Official Company Rep
Followed by:16 members
GMAT Score:770

by Scott@VeritasPrep » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:31 pm
Hello,

Honestly, I think you're worrying about this a little too much. It completely depends on the school... Some Most will ask for your GPA without any conversion, while some will provide you with a way to convert your GPA to a more traditional U.S. 4-point scale. Your GPA doesn't sound that bad, so I think you will be okay!

To answer you question, it is definitely not better to get higher grades in an easier major or at a lower-level college. The fact that you come from a strong school will reflect well on you.

Good luck!
Scott

Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

by sanchitsharma3 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:30 am
Dear Sir

I thank you for your promt reply and valuable insight.

Thanks again

With Warm Reagards
Sanchit