MBA in UK..

Launched January 9, 2010
This topic has expert replies
Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

MBA in UK..

by prinit » Tue Feb 23, 2010 12:16 pm
Hi, I'm planning to do an MBA in 2011 in UK. My list is > Ashridge, Cranefield, Lancaster, Warwick and Strathclyd..Ashridge is looking more promising because of experienced class profile, small size and focus on consulting . I would appreciate if you can help me out.

Below is the snapshot of my profile:
Academic Details:
Undergraduate - Bachelor of Engineering (Electronics & Communication Engineering) from One of the premier College of India.
Professional Experience:
1. More than 9 years of experience in International Business Consulting and Information technology business development.
2. Strong international exposure & very rich cross cultural experience. Worked in 5 countries.
3. Created and supervised team of 14 including 11 professional engineers and researchers.
4. I run my team like an entrepreneur. Coached team through 11-month design-to-production cycle ; ultimately captured a significant market.
5. Worked with top notch scientists of India & made significant contribution in scientific research works. Also received recognition from government of India for scientific research & development projects.
6. Rolled out projects on internet banking security systems across North America, Asia pacific region, Europe and Latin America.
7. A Dale Carnegie coach for corporate training. I have trained people from different backgrounds such as sales, marketing, engineering, food-restaurants, retail (home-depot) etc...
8. Coaching high school children and helping them to improve their self confidence, comm skills and stress control techniques..
9. An active member of Fire fighting club in my local county.

MBA Admissions Consultant
Followed by:68 members
GMAT Score:750

by Bryant@VeritasPrep » Tue Feb 23, 2010 6:37 pm
Prinit:

Your experience is broad and multinational, and your leadership is evident, all of which will bode well with admissions committees. You did not list your metrics (grades, test scores, etc), but I assume they are in line. Since you have been out of school for awhile, your career progression will be scrutinized much more than your undergraduate preparation, so be prepared to offer examples of promotion and advancement. To the extent you can quantify your contributions to your company, you will impress the committees. Make sure you visit each school and get a feel for their culture--sounds like you have already done so with Ashridge. Hopefully you will be in a position to choose, and when that time comes, you will want to select the school which best aligns with your desired learning environment and the one which provides access to the post-MBA opportunities you seek. Good Luck.
Bryant Michaels
MBA Admissions Consultant

Enroll now. Pay later. Take advantage of Veritas Prep's flexible payment plan options

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by prinit » Wed Feb 24, 2010 6:46 am
Bryant, thanks a lot for the reply and all the suggestions that you have made. I'll definitely keep that in my mind. But you have not opened your cards yet. I wanted to have some words on schools that I had listed. I have not visited any college personally, but managed to get some details from web and alumni. It would be great if you can throw some light on schools. Currently I'm residing in US and also considering AMBA's of US. One of my friend recently got admitted to Cornell AMBA with a score of 660 and provided me some excellent insight to the program. I have not taken my GMAT yet and preparing for it. I'm strongly seeking your recommendations and looking forward to working with you in the future for my applications.