GMAT bummed me again!

Find out how Beat The GMAT members tackled GMAT test prep with positive results. Get tips on GMAT test prep materials, online courses, study tips, and more.
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts

GMAT bummed me again!

by kolkata81 » Thu Sep 27, 2007 2:41 am
Hi,

I took my first attempt in August (studying since June)... the scores was 620 (Q-39, V-36). Quant being my stronger section, i didn't really prepare much the last month. I prepared only for Verbal & did DS revision yesterday from OG. I took the exam once again this morning, my score was 630 (Q-47,V-29). My target is 750... After the first attempt, I was confident that it was just momentary lapse that I got a low score. Now having got it for the second time, it's very unnerving.

I am totally clueless on which is my weak area now. Quant was very easy, i knew i made a few mistakes as soon as i pressed the Next button. That probably pulled my score down. Verbal was horrendously tough except for SC! Probably the level of "SETS" or "MGMAT". RC was very tough & I had to scroll for about of them. They were all science passages.

I gave a few practise tests in the last month and the scores were all 700+. This is shocking me more! I lost my nerve during the verbal section.

Has anyone faced such random scores? I've lost out on this year.

Also, how do schools view multiple GMAT attempts?

Any suggestions are welcome!!

Regards!

Newbie | Next Rank: 10 Posts

Same experience

by not a member yet » Sat Sep 29, 2007 10:39 pm
Hi kolkata:

Same experience here - got 720 and 730 in practice tests one week before the actual one - no nerves during the test - knew quant went well and thought verbal went normal - score comes at 610 - with quant same as what I got in practice and verbal coming in at 27 instead of the 38 or 39 I was hoping - got really bummed - but I have a very strong hunch it was sentence correction that really screwed me up. Hoping to work on it in the next attempt....

....with your score you should probably send both of them and explain that you focuessed on quant the second time around and verbal you did decently in the firt attempt - dont know if that;ll work...