hi...can someone pls help with these qns?? :cry:
Attachments
gmat prep verbal.doc
(289.5 KiB) Downloaded 118 times

Legendary Member
Followed by:5 members

by camitava » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:39 pm
Hi,
First qs is an exmalpe of parallel comparison! We are comparing the severance packages of different organization with the one of automobile organization, Right? Option D only does that. So answer is - D.
Second - Not very sure! But I am putting a guess! Look the options - B and E are having the verb problems. Option A is having an idom problem (Based on ...). So the options left are - C and D. In C, it uses "used to ..." in its second clause. But we generally use "used to" only when it tries to mean that it refers some tasks in past but in regular basis! Right? So cut down the option. And D is the best option.
Third - Again not sure but a wild guess, u can say! This is having again the subject-verb problem (? - Have I mentioned the right kind of error!). Request to give an answer to the question - "who initiated the program?" Is it smoking? No! It is, I think, California. So the options left are - D and E. But E is having a wrong use of annual. So D is the answer.
Fourth - I think I am sure at this point! We can cut down the options - B and C initially[B - Difference is not in ear! and C - Listening sound does not help the listener to determine quality! It is the process which helps him/her to determine the quality. Right!]. Now come to D and E. They are having idom problem. As they are using "BETWEEN" to compare, it then should come with a "AND". But it is not there in option - D and E. So the correct answer is A.
Correct me If I am wrong

Regards,

Amitava