Please help me! - Planning to Take Manhattan Online Course

Ask your questions about Manhattan Prep products/services here
This topic has expert replies
Junior | Next Rank: 30 Posts
GMAT Score:610
Hi

I appeared for GMAT yesterday and got a low score of 610 (Q-49, V-25). I got this score after 2 months of self prep. I was consistently scoring 670+ in my GMAT PREP and other exams but failed to do so on actual thing. I am not satisfied with my performance and want to take another shot within a month. I am planning to take Manhattan Online GMAT Prep course. I have few queries regarding the online courses offered by Manhattan. Hope you will help me in this regard at the earliest. My Queries are: -

1. I am in India, so will be taking online course only and have two option either to go for self guided program (with classroom videos) or to go for 9 session prep course. Since i want to retake the GMAT with in month, so which course will be ideal for me? and also please share the advantages of each course?

2. Further, if i enroll for either of the course, then how long it will take to receive the complete prep set (course material esp. books)?

Kindly reply to my queries at the earliest to enable me to take a decision asap and start my GMAT journey once again.

Regards
Mandeep

GMAT/MBA Expert

GMAT Instructor
Followed by:694 members
GMAT Score:780

by Stacey Koprince » Thu Oct 22, 2009 8:11 am
Received a PM asking me to reply.

I don't know the answer to your question about the shipping time for the books; please contact our student services department about that. You can email them at [email protected] and they'll be happy to help.

First, you say you want to take the test within a month, but you are required to wait 31 days before you can take the test again. Just FYI - you can't take it until 31 days after your last test.

Second, our 9 session courses are spread out over 9 weeks, so if you want to take the test again in 4-5 weeks, then you won't be done with the course before you take the test. (This is generally true for most companies - most live courses run longer than 4 weeks.)

Given that, it's probably better for you to do a self-study program with class tapes (whether from us or from another company). The advantage of this program is that you can set your own schedule. The disadvantage is that you don't get much direct help from instructors because you're not taking a live class (and that's the advantage of taking the live class).

You don't say what your goal score is, but if you are looking for a substantial improvement (say, 700), then it may not be in your best interests to try to cram for the test - it's tough to see that kind of improvement in 4 weeks. So just think about that as you decide what to do to get ready to take the test again.
Please note: I do not use the Private Messaging system! I will not see any PMs that you send to me!!

Stacey Koprince
GMAT Instructor
Director of Online Community
Manhattan GMAT

Contributor to Beat The GMAT!

Learn more about me

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts
Followed by:8 members

by michael.dinerstein » Thu Oct 22, 2009 12:13 pm
Hi DREAM GMAT,

It should take about 5 - 7 business days for the books to get to you. I hope this helps!

Best,
Michael Dinerstein
Manager of Online Marketing
Manhattan GMAT
212-721-7400
800-576-4628