COnfused - Inferences

This topic has expert replies
Legendary Member
Followed by:6 members

COnfused - Inferences

by resilient » Wed Aug 22, 2007 10:43 am
I finally got the hang of this reading comprehension. However, I am a bit slow and know this will come in time with good practice. MY MAIN PROBLEM IS I AM NOT DOING WELL ON INFERENCE QUESTIONS. I have noticed that all other problems are ok. I am messing up every single inference question. I am sometimes looking at the wrong parts of the text for reference and also am getting tricked by answer choices but I am sure there are other factors that yield a constant wrong answer. I have taken some advice the manhattan gmat book but need more help. Can anyone help ans tell me where to look for answers?
Appetite for 700 and I scraped my plate!

Master | Next Rank: 500 Posts

by Prasanna » Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:13 pm
Enginpasa1

To share my experience-

I had the same problem in my prep. I used to get every inference question wrong. I started looking at the questions more carefully. Over a period of time, I was able to come down to two choices (one of the was the answer) but I always picked the wrong one of the two. However accuracy rates improved to say 50% over time. Another thing I observed was that on the GMAT prep and the actual exam, the RC passages were more readable and clear.

Think practice will help you overcome the problem